Tuesday, November 24, 2009

The One With Thanks...

Christmas commercials are out in full force, and those unused holes on your belts will soon be unused no more. This time of year seems to fly by too quickly. I still remember when back-to-school stuff was on sale in the beginning of July. Adulthood can’t seem to slow down enough. Amanda and I celebrated our two year anniversary just a couple weeks back. I’d hate to see how all this fast-paced living will be accelerated when we have a child (or two) of our own. I’ll be on Metamucil before you know it and Amanda and I won’t be able to get out of those new rocking chairs we got unless they’re at full momentum. But before we jump ahead too far, I’d like to jot down what I’m thankful for currently before we make the mild trek up to Albany for our Thanksgiving holiday break. I hope all of you who read this will have a joyous time with your respective families and a relaxing and peaceful mini-rest before the hustle and bustle that is Christmas comes a knockin’.

This list has no particular order of importance except for the first one…

Things/People I Am Thankful For

1. Jesus - my eternal best friend who cares more about me than my sins and failures
2. AmandaLyn - you care about what I care about and do so with no complaints
3. Tony - being a brother to you has been such a privilege over the years
4. Julie - thank you for not being jealous of me and Tony spending time together
5. Howard - your unwavering friendship doesn't go unnoticed to this day
6. Harris family - if there were better in-laws in this world, they would be flukes
7. Bruce - your wisdom and friendship continue to make me a better human being
8. Dad - your examples of generosity and selflessness has helped incredibly in husbandhood
9. Dad's trip to Florida back in September
10. Savings account
11. Being a part of a great worship band
12. Friends and family that understand that I am not run-of-the-mill
13. Hobbies and interests (drums, racquetball, spinning wrenches, ping pong, golf, bike riding)
14. A year that hasn't been too eventful
15. Stability and consistency
16. Cranberry juice
17. Crock pot meals
18. Target shopping trips with Amanda
19. Our fireplace
20. Lake Monkey Business
21. A job that has kept me employed for over 11 years
22. Del Monte Fruit Chiller Tubes
23. DVR

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Your cup runneth over with so many blessings. And just in case I don't tell you or show you enough you are a blessing to me!!! Love you dearly. Your one and only mother in law!