Tuesday, July 08, 2008

The One With Whine...

Just wanted to check in really quick. I've realized over the past few months that there just isn't enough time in a day to accomplish everything I want to. The lingering gout problem is not fun to deal with; hopefully I'll have this cyst removed from my wrist soon; and the seven yellow jacket stings I suffered last week will subside and take these hives on my body away. I went out tonight amid this steamy Tallahassee weather in baggy sweatpants, a hooded thick Biltmore Castle sweatshirt, gardening gloves, and two cans of wasp and hornet killer spray to do a premptive strike on what I assumed was the yellow jacket underground nest. I killed the guard and another one came buzzing around me while I was dousing the hole with the two cans of spray. I shoveled dirt over the hole and jammed as much as I could in. I hope all those suckers die and that none of them will dig their way out. Maybe...just maybe, I'll be digging out the nest tomorrow and in it I'll find the queen. I know I'll still be paranoid when I mow the lawn next time. I can't begin to tell you how utterly afraid I am of these things.

I've been meaning to sit down and write for at least a couple weeks now, but I'm afraid I'm in the cycle of going to bed earlier than my single days. It's probably a good thing, but I do miss the silence of staying up after midnight and just typing away. Hopefully I'll be able to do that one day not too long from now. In the meantime, sleep calls in the form of Benadryl. More whining to be continued...

~KH

No comments: