Friday, February 16, 2007

The One With Cold Pigs...


So how 'bout this cold weather we're having? Isn't it wonderful? I'm diggin' every second of it. Yeah my skin is dry and it itches, but one can't deny the wonderland of emotions when you actually experience a change in seasons. Perhaps I'm living in the wrong state to be making such a strong statement about the cold weather - or maybe even being adamant about my perspective on enjoying the bone-chilling temps in the Sunshine State. I do have to admit that there seems to be a conflict of interest when I'm delving into this matter. Most people in Florida enjoy the warmth and sunshine. I, on the otherhand, am smitten with the overcast and dreary days. Just bitterly cold outside to where it necessitates you being inside sipping whatever hot and demulcent beverage it is that you like in the mug that radiates an absolute warmth in your hand. So enjoy the cold snap. Before you know it, that dreaded pollen, that we all have seen hints of already, will storm the air; and the rush of humidity that comes along with those long and hot summer days will host swarms of those blood-sucking mosquitoes. I dread the thought of that already.

I'm really looking forward to spending the long weekend in Albany with Amanda and her family. I'm hoping whatever thoughts are churning in my head these days will eventually make it into an entry soon. I can't believe this is my first entry in this second month of 2007. There seems to be so many things going on in my life. Lots of thoughts but not enough time in the day to process all of them. I think that may be the foundation to whatever it is I'm putting off to write. Life continues to be abundantly good - even in the midst of such changing times for me. In the meantime, Happy Chinese New Year to all of my slanted-eye peeps. Go out and get you some yummy Chinese food today. A hot dog would even do. Stay tuned...

~KH

Night at the Museum (viewed on 2/10): 8 Turkey Legs

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

And a Happy New Year to you, friend.

Just wanted to let you know we got a card from your Dad - a neat foot-painted picture, and (so chinese) a lottery ticket. Nice to hear from him, and glad all is going well in LA.

Later ~Hos

Jack said...

Happy New Year, KH! Does the fact that it's the year of the pig mean we should consume more pork?

K. H. Kan said...

Thanks, Hos. Glad you got a hint of Chinese New Year.

Wolfgang - go ahead and eat more pork. But I can't guarantee you that it will be pork. Ruff and meow...

Jack said...

I didn't say I was eating pork at the Peking Moon. ;)