Thursday, January 18, 2007

The One With Providence...

Life has been busy but extraordinary. Emotions swirling amid sweet and peaceful surroundings. Holding firmly to God's hand while experiences abound anew. This past weekend, I had the pleasure of having an extended stay in the glorious town of Albany, GA. If you don't know why I was up there, shame on you. For the rest of you, I'll save you from having to read anything in regards with Amanda and me getting to know one another more with each growing day. I will, however, say this: Having the opportunity of getting to know her and her family and friends has been so good and nourishing for the soul. There are some very wonderful and kind folks up there yonder.

One of the many highlights of this trip was my first road trip with Amanda. We took a mild trek up to Lumpkin, GA, to see God's magnificent canvas nestled in Providence Canyon Park. The day was picture perfect and the temperature never got unbearably hot. We opted to do the seven-mile hiking trail around the Canyon (the other being a three-mile trail). The sights were amazing along the way. The crackling sound of fallen leaves being stepped on was quite the prevalent experience. I would say that more than half of the trail was paved with dead leaves. If it wasn't the leaves, then it was the wet red sand of the river bed providing the sound effects beneath our feet. This was my third time hiking the trail (Howard was with me twice and Troy once). Each time, there has been something different and unique about the experience. With Amanda being there, I couldn't help but to try to be manly about things. Yeah, ummm...it didn't work so well. She held her own and conquered the trail with ease. Never once did she want to stop or take a drink. She pressed on like a soldier - but still remaining feminine - and never complained. What an incredible trooper. There are no worries of her being high-maintenance, folks...and that to me is ALL GOOD!!!

It really was a perfect day. It was fun, exciting, and fulfilling for both of us. Even though the trail was familiar to me, we still traversed it with anticipation as if there was something new on the horizon. I can't help but to think that perhaps it's somewhat of a parallel to our relationship - traversing the new while trusting that God will lead the way to a peaceful everlasting. I mean, to some degree, she trusted my prior knowledge of the trail to lead us not astray. Not that I stepped up in an o-so-powerful way or anything, but there was a certain amount of care I had to take in order to make her feel safe and at ease with the entire adventure. And that it was - an adventure I will soon not forget. I enjoyed every minute of the time spent on the trail under God's provision and in the company of a girl I absolutely adore. What better place to be at that exact moment other than Providence Canyon where God's providence was felt so abundantly through the sweet fellowship and His beautiful creation. Thank you, Lord Jesus, for being there with us every step of the way. My soul has been enriched deeply with your beauty. Time stood still as you guided us through the tremendous landscape crafted by your hands. I'm so excited to see where you'll lead us on our next road trip together. Until then, abide in you we must...

~KH

No comments: